HOW MUCH DO SITES COST?
Site measurement is: (Length is along the street; depth is across the street)
- Single Site (4m long by 3m deep) NZ$120
- One and Half Site (6m long by 3m deep) NZ$180
- Double Site (8m long by 3m deep OR 4m long by 6m deep) NZ$240
- Large Site (8m long by 6m deep - 4 sites altogether) NZ$480
Note: Triple and Quadruple sites are also available
HOW DO I PAY?
- By Credit Card - When your application is accepted you will receive an email with a link to our payment system. Sites will only be allocated after payment is received.
- By cheque made out to ROTARY CLUB OF PETONE INC. t/a HUTT NEWS PETONE ROTARY FAIR (please include your name and phone number on back of cheque) and send to P.O. Box 33-381, Petone, 5046
- Or, online / direct credit banking to: BNZ 02-0544-0029143-002 (please Include your name and/or business name as a reference)
TERMS & CONDITIONS - Where do I find them?
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
1. Stall holders complete the application form - a link is/will be available on the home page when applications open;
2. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application;
3. When your application has been processed you will receive an invoice;
4. Receipt of payment will be acknowledged;
5. Sites will be allocated and you will be notified of the detail;
6. Stall holders will have access to their sites on Fair day
WHERE DO I PARK WHEN SETTING UP AND PACKING DOWN?
- Please follow the directions of block marshalls. Generally-speaking, it would be very helpful to temporarily park on the pavement to allow other stall-holders access and egress to and from their sites. Block marshalls will be able to direct you to the most convenient parking areas once you have set up.
I'M SELLING FOOD - WHAT REGULATIONS DO I HAVE TO MEET?
- The Hutt City Council requires food sellers to have a licence or temporary permit. There are changes to the Hutt City Council requirements which can be read by clicking here.
- The Hutt City Council Application to operate a temporary food stall or mobile shop can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Food Handling and Food Safety Guides, Food Safety Tips and information about Fundraising and the Food Act are available on the Ministry of Primary Industries website - click here to visit.
I AM A RESTAURANT/CAFE WANTING TO RUN A FOOD STALL
Restaurants / Cafes wanting to set up a food stall on the pavement in front of their shop and who are registered food premises with Hutt City Council do not need to complete a food stall application (as advised by the Senior Environmental Health Officer HCC - 16 January, 2019.)
The pavement area in front of your shop is yours to promote your business - Petone Rotary will not charge you for the use of this space but we do ask that you DO NOT allow groups other than your business to use it.
IS THERE ACCESS TO WATER FOR MY STALL?
- Water is not provided to stalls. Drinking water is available from the Fountain on Buick Street.
I WILL BE RUNNING A GENERATOR - ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS?
- Generators must not exceed 60dB. Noisy Generators will be shut down. You must be considerate to other stall holders about noise and exhaust fumes.
- Work Safe may carry out an audit on the day. You must comply with Health & Safety requirements especially in regard to the Electricity Act
I WILL BE USING GAS FOR COOKING ETC.
- All gas equipment used such as appliances, gas bottles, regulators, hoses, connectors, cooking rings, bbq’s etc must be tested and verified in accordance with NZS 5256:2014 –a certificate of verification must be available for inspection by the organisers.
- Lunch box cookers or canister cookers are not suitable for use and are not to be used.
ARE THERE ANY POWERED SITES?
DO NOT approach retailers with Power requests directly. Only the organisers can make a request of any Jackson Street retailer. Power supply to sites is only at the courtesy of Jackson Street retailers and there is no obligation on the retailers to provide power to stallholders. You will be advised if power can be arranged for you or not.
Every connection to power must be through a approved RCD device.
All electrical equipment used such as appliances, leads, plugs, multi power boxes etc must be tested and show current Portable Appliance Test (PAT) tags and must meet OSH standards The in-service Safety Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment known as Test and Tag is from the standard AS/NZS 3760:2010.
IS THERE ANY SHELTER? ARE THE STALLS COVERED?
- Stalls are set up in the centre of the road so check the weather report for that day.
- If using a gazebo or umbrella, don't forgot to bring anchor weights for them.
WILL THE FAIR CANCEL DUE TO BAD WEATHER?
- The Fair will go ahead rain or shine.
- There is no Rain-Check day.
- If, by the organiser's assessment, the conditions are considered to be too dangerous (eg. very high winds) to operate, the Fair may be cancelled.
WHAT IS YOUR POLICY FOR REFUNDS IF THE FAIR CANCELS?
- The Fair will go ahead rain or shine. There is no Rain-Check day nor refunds because of bad weather.
CAN I TURN UP ON THE DAY AND GET A SITE?
- No - we operate on a "book in advance-first-come-first-served" basis and do not reserve sites without payment.
I HAVE A STALL - WHAT TIME AM I ALLOWED ACCESS TO SET UP?
- Stall holders will receive access instructions 1 or 2 weeks prior to the Fair. Depending on your stall location we will ask you to arrive at specific times and from specific entry points - this ensures an efficient setup and unhindered access / egress to and from sites.
WHAT TIME IS JACKSON STREET CLOSED TO TRAFFIC?
- The street is closed from 7am to 5pm to public traffic.
WHEN DO I HAVE TO VACATE THE SITE AT END OF DAY?
- The Fair finishes at 4pm and you must be packed and off Jackson Street by 5pm to allow street cleaning to be done. Failure to do so may preclude you from next year's Fair.
ARE MEDICAL FACILITIES AVAILABLE?
- ST JOHNS AMBULANCE are in attendance. They will be positioned on the junction of Jackson Street and Britannia Street.
WHERE ARE PUBLIC CONVENIENCES LOCATED?
- Public Toilets are located on the Cnr of Jackson and Fitzherbert Streets, behind the Clock Tower (through the Doreen Doolan Mall) and on the Cnr of Buick and Jackson Streets.
- Temporary (Portaloos) will be located in Britannia and Tory Streets.
- There are numerous Cafes, Restaurants and Bars in Jackson Street all of which have conveniences available for THEIR patron's use. Please respect this - if you are a patron then you can use it.
For specific location detail visit the Fair Maps section.